Is the Kenyan democracy working? Views from Afrobarometer survey
Even though most Kenyans have consistently preferred a democratic government, it remains unclear whether democracy works for them. This seminar shares Afrobarometer survey findings on Kenya's democracy when democracy is going through a rebound globally. It seeks to answer the following:
- Has support for democracy changed in the last decade?
- Should the military intervene to make democracy work?
- Do Kenyans prefer a government that gets things done vs one they can hold accountable?
- How is Kenyan's trust in government institutions vs informal institutions?
- Is the rule of law under threat?