Two-day Training for the AMID Young Professional in Kenya
The AMID Young Professional Programme is a collaborative one-year training program between Radboud University, the Netherlands, and the Institute for Development Studies (IDS), University of Nairobi. The programme is delivered 75% online and 25% face-to-face. The 2023 cohort comprising trainees from different organizations held their last face-to-face training for two days at the Burch’s Resort Naivasha in November 2023.
What does AMID Young Professional offer?
· Access to a pool of young and ambitious graduates who are highly motivated to contribute to sustainable development, who use their newly-gained knowledge and skills to the benefit of your organisation;
· The opportunity to introduce your own AMID trainee – a young professional currently working in your organisation who you believe would make a good candidate;
· The possibility to save time and money by letting us recruit the best fit for your organisation;
· Return on investment: in many cases, organisations decide to hire the trainee upon graduation for a regular position;
· Last but not least: your organisation becomes part of the AMID community: a worldwide, multidisciplinary network of government agencies, businesses, NGOs, foundations and knowledge institutes, and the broader AMID community.
· The program is currently accredited as an advanced master by the NVAO.
· Participating organisations pay a tuition fee of 7000 Euros and salary costs (corresponding with that of a junior professional). In case the organisation has more than one candidate in more than one country, the organisation gets a discount called a Global deal where they pay only 5500 Euros
The onboarding of the 2024 cohort is currently ongoing. We welcome organizations to partner with the Institute for Development studies to sponsor trainees.
Need to learn more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com